Prior to any initial consultation, we will ask you to complete a short form, which we ask you to bring with you.
The purpose of an Initial Consultation is to gather information and to form a contract between, you, the client, and Jenny (Psychologist and therapist) and Dione (CBT Therapist).
This information is exclusively for our joint use and will not be shared with anyone else.
The Service We Will Provide At The Initial Consultation Session:
- Review the information in the Initial Consultation Form
- Provide you with information and answer any questions on what therapy will be provided
- Outline your future therapeutic sessions
The Initial Consultation Session (lasting about 60 mins) is to explore your therapy requirements and how we might be able to help you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask questions about us and the therapy we provide. Also the Initial Consultation Session will enable you to consider a range of different perspectives on your situation and understand how it is affecting you.
You will be offered some initial ideas and strategies for managing your particular psychological challenges.
One of 3 outcomes is possible following your initial consultation;
- We decide to start a number of therapeutic sessions
- You may decide not to continue with the therapy sessions; or
- We may decide not to start therapeutic sessions with you
Your personal information and responses in the Initial Consultation Session and Form are fully confidential and will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act.