The above Personality Disorders are grouped into 3 categories
- Suspicious – Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal and anti-social
- Emotional and impulsive – Borderline
- Anxious- Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive Compulsive
Different Professional approaches
Personality Disorders can show themselves in various different ways, different approaches are taken to diagnose and understand the Personality Disorder, these are:
- A diagnosis can be given based on an assessment and evidence-based findings via consultation and interview and specialist testing.
- Aspects of Personality Disorder traits can be explored and causes of difficulties can be identified during 1 – 1 sessional work.
- Once a Personality Disorder has been diagnosed and traits, patterns and experiences identified 1-1 intervention via a Psychologist or Counsellor can used.