There are 10 main Personality Disorders these are:
- Cluster A Personalities which comprise of Paranoid, Schizoid and Schizotypal Personality Disorders.
- Anti-social Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Dependent Personality Disorder
How we can help you
If a Doctor or other suspects you have a Personality Disorder a diagnosis would be appropriate to determine the symptoms and type of Personality Disorder you may be affected by.
Sometimes it can be difficult to determine the type of Personality Disorder, as some Personality Disorders share similar symptoms and more than one type can be present. Other disorders such as depression, anxiety and OCD may complicate diagnosis. But it is worth the time and effort to get an accurate diagnosis so that you get appropriate treatment.
The treatment will be tailored to your specific needs and depends on your particular Personality Disorder, its severity and your life situation. A specialist treatment plan will be devised following assessment.
Talking Therapies – is the main way to treat Personality Disorders and will be provided by a specialist Counsellor or Psychologist.
Lifestyle Remedies – lifestyle remedies and self-care strategies include:
- Being an active participant in your care
- Take medication if prescribed as directed
- Learn more about you Personality Disorder and learn to manage it better
- Get more active
You can find out more detailed information about the types of personality disorder by clicking here.